Monday, November 19, 2012

Ballet on my brain :)

The other day I had this really strong craving (I get it frequently) to write something! So I did, and this is what it turned out to be:

                      Move With the Music

The stage is set. The overture is playing. The racing of her heart stays on beat with the throbbing of her feet. 

Suddenly the thick curtain becomes more than just a divider, it’s a shelter from the sea of faces waiting to 

watch her.  Her breathing is shallow and her head feels heavy, the music hits a familiar measure and she 

knows her time is near. In that moment she’s crippled with fear. But her heart reminds her, this is the part 

she’s been dreaming of her whole life. In her mind she’s done it a million times or more. There’s a gentle 

rustling as the fabric folds and the curtains slide slowly apart. She stands like a statue with a deceivingly 

confident smile. The soft note strikes; she comes to life. Instinct saves her as she immediately gives in and 

lets the movements take her over, Her brain wants to explode but the rest of her is peaceful. She reminds 

herself to do what she’s always done, move with the music, let it be her guide, flow with it and just keep 

breathing. She makes it through without a single slip up, her heart is soaring and every hint of fright has 

dissolved into the atmosphere around her. She sets herself up for the finale. As the music dips low she 

breathes in and out, as it soars she goes up with it, she silently counts, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 

13, 14, 15, 16 fuetes, And. She’s. Done. She lands in her fifth perfectly on the final note. Her breathing is

heavy, and her smile is tired, but her eyes beam brighter than ever before. 


Stretching in class :) Please excuse my horrendous posture and bent knees!

(And just because I'm such a name nerd I went ahead and gave my ballerina a name: Blaise Adelais)

  I apologize for the strange spacing..blogger has a mind of it's own...

9 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE it Abigial!!
    Awesome!
    But the pictures aren't showing up. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too! :)
    You write sooo good!
    The pictures aren't coming up for me either....

    ReplyDelete
  3. 16 fuetes?!
    Blaise Adelais is an incredibly good ballerina ;)
    Also, I was thrilled to open up your blog and find my anthem playing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww you girls are sweet! Thanks :)
    I'm sorry about that are they showing up now?

    Haha! yeah she's kind of a prima in training ;)
    Yes, well, I guess both of our music tastes are merging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they showed up!!
    You should post more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I really enjoyed reading that!
    Please post more pictures of you doing ballet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Gosh Abigail!!!!!!
    you write so well! I wish I could write like that.

    I love the pictures of you doing ballet! please please post more! btw, do you have a pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh also, how does your hair stay like that while you are doing ballet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks you guys :) Y'all are gonna make me blush :p I will try to post more, but there aren't very many pics from during class!

    Angelica- Thank you so much! I actually just got a pinterest like two days ago, if I can remember my password! Haha
    it's a bun thingy I use :) It's called a "bunamatic" made by scunci!

    ReplyDelete