Monday, November 5, 2012

An Answer



Lord, so often I seek after my own needs, I completely ignore Your gentle pleas

When all around me people's hearts are breaking, the truth is I need a good shaking

I say I want to set the world on fire, but I lack true desire

Then I fall at Your feet, Lord, Your passion and love are what I seek

I hear a soft whisper and my heart starts to sing, I can feel Your presence Oh, my King

Your love overwhelms me, opens my eyes and sets me free,

You point out my problems in the gentlest way, my heart starts to break, but You carry all the weight

Then You relight my fire, my heart flames desire

You continue to tell me until I see, I must love others more than me!


I wrote this poem/prayer after reading Philippians 2. Feel free to let me know what you think :)


                                                         ( By the way the pic is actually of Romans 12 and 13 not Philippians 2)

4 comments:

  1. That was so good! :)
    I was thinking as I was reading it that I liked it a lot and then I saw that you wrote it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good Abigail!!!
    I thought is was a song as I was reading it!
    You have a talent for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's beautiful Abigail!!
    Keep writing! :-D

    ReplyDelete