Sunday, January 11, 2015

I'm a Senior?

What, how did this happen? It seems like just last week that I was building blanket forts all over my house...oh wait, it was. I'm definitely still a kid at heart, people.

BUT the fact remains that I am halfway through my last year of high school. I'm looking down a dark tunnel of big unknowns and adventures. Honestly, I can't wait! God has been teaching me for all of fall 2014 that I can-actually that I should- be excited to move on with my life. "As long as you are walking in step with My Spirit, you should have no fear!" is His gentle reminder to me constantly. It took me a long time to get on board with the lesson, but now that I am beginning to listen, my attitude and perspective are being transformed! The fact that when I am walking in step with the Spirit I could go to the cheapest college, work at McDonalds, or be the President of the U.S. and live a fulfilled life that would bring glory to the Lord in any of those areas is absolutely-mind-bogglingly-exciting!

Senior year is flying by and I'm trying to use it wisely, so in-between the college/scholarship applications, and SATs/ACTs I like to come up for air, have some fun, and savor those moments of living. 





This was an all-friends-no-adults-far-away trip. It involved fishing in the rain, practicallly catching a cabin on fire, not being able to cook the loads of food we brought, crab catching, having inmates as neighbors, and  all sorts of other wonderful unforgettableness!



Sister time is an obvious must! Throw in a close friend and it's even better.


Sister time becomes even more precious when one of them becomes engaged! But then brother time becomes pretty awesome too because it's a totally new experience for me!

These two continue to make me smile, take me out to dinner, and let me tease them about growing old all the while flooding crazy amounts of truth into my life.


 Spending a lot of time in hammocks with my favorite people is so essential. A few of us even got brave and slept in them all night once.



Representing our Spiderman shirts at the Zoo :) Yep, I promise we were seventeen and eighteen at the time. In case you were wondering, she's also the one I built the blanket fort with...




Also, thanks to my first-ever 8am classes, I experienced the sunrises of fall 2014 like I had never experienced sunrises before.




Small Town County Fair was definitely time well spent, all the way down to the stereotypical criminal picture. Not to mention the classic, thrilling, sometimes-stomach-turning rides, and red-dirt-covered funnel cakes!



One Saturday I got all crafty and made myself this fabric covered headboard and matching pillow!



Doing homework in hammocks and walking across this pretty campus every day both happened.





Free puppy snuggles and free cotton candy!


I spontaneously chopped 8 inches of my hair off!






 Salvation Army bell ringing for the first time ever! It definitely involved, carol singing, happy feet dancing, and a LOT of smiling, Pretty much one of my new favorite things!



Basketball games with these crazies.


Life with Jesus talks with all of these beautiful people.


Of course I couldn't make it a full four months without a visit to this home. The fact the engaged sister lives here didn't hurt any either.






Lights of Tejas didn't disappoint. In fact it exceeded all my expectations with it's people, life talks, fireworks, all around colorfulness, bounce houses, fire-side chats, sister time, and adventures.


First time ever mudding was an absolute success. All you need is a muddy road, cool people, and a vehicle- instant awesome. 

First semester of senior year was a time of many firsts, among which was my first public school cafeteria meal (and hopefully last. That stuff is gross), first Rend Collective concert (there's another brewing soon!), first college class, first final exam, first big-kid trip,  getting my drivers license and first car (It's pretty great even if it is older than me!), first set of keys, first game of seven wonders (I'm now totally obsessed), first time watching Pocahontas (now one of my favorite disneys),  first time knee boarding, first time holding a pig, first bumper car ride...the list goes on! 

This post could only display some of the joys these past months have contained, but now that I plan to blog regularly I'll be able to include so many more life details without the over-whelming post sizes! Also, this semester has definitely had other experiences that weren't so cheerful, those type of things will come up in later posts.

Well, here's to the Spring, to 2015, and to the unknown future where the only certain thing is that I will continue relating it's details-as they pertain to my life- right here. *CHEERS*

~Ab

1 comment:

  1. Love those pictures in the post, especially the "old" couple taking you out to eat.

    ReplyDelete