Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Goal Setting Underway

I'm an improv-er. I'm always trying to make myself better: more well rounded, more productive, more interesting, etc. The truth that I constantly have to be reminded of is that ultimately I can't make myself anything. I have to trust the Lord that with all of my short fallings, He's making something better-something beautiful. But I do believe there are disciplines I can take on which will be for the greater good of my service to the Lord and in my life bringing Him glory.

With that said, last fall one of my friend/mentors gave me a Bible Study all about looking to God's word and prioritizing your life. I sort of filled in the blank but honestly didn't really use it at the time. The other day I stumbled across the study and I've decided to put those resolutions I wrote down into practice and add a few new ones.




 Here are my goals for March 12, 2015-August 15, 2015:

Spiritual Goals:

1. At least 30 minutes a day in prayer and God's word away from the world and distractions around me (in my Quiet time closet)

2. Every Friday my mom and I will be fasting from solid foods for 12-24 hours depending on the day. (I debated putting this on Spiritual or Physical because we're really doing it for both)

Intellectual Goals: 

1. Write 3 full letters a month to friends or family. (this does not include little notes)

2. Read one classic a month. I'm starting with Pride and Prejudice for March.

Physical Goals:

1. 20 minutes a day of working out for five days a week.

Social Goals:

1. Host a friend in my own home at least once a week.


I'm super excited to get started on these. If anyone wants to join me on any of them or be one of the people that I write a letter to just let me know or send me your address!

XOXO,
Abjo

1 comment: